Tuesday, April 19, 2011

8 reasons why having a baby is good for our relationship


When our baby was born, everything went upside down. It was a total 180 degrees turn around for me and for my husband but I think mostly for me. There were a lot of adjustments made - personal, emotional, financial.

Though its not all fun- sleepless nights, dirty diapers and poops, still I cherish having my baby and here is my 8 reasons why having a baby is good for me and my husband. 




1. He brings us closer together


Even though it's no longer just the two of us, we seem to be closer and more involved with one another. We laugh more and spend quality time with our son, marveled at this wonderful boy we managed to create, TOGETHER.




2. You spend your cash wisely.


You learn to become thrifty and would always keep in mind your baby's needs first before yours. Where you used to throw money away on clothes you never wore or books you never read, you now budget your money for the more important things like baby food, clothing, medicines, etc. 


3. Less fight, more love.

Maybe you've just got bigger fish – or fish fingers – to fry. Perhaps the things that used to bother you before become less important or you just simply too tired from all the baby work you have done like changing the nappy, feeding the baby, washing feeding bottles - just to name a few.

4. More of him at Home.


These days my husband rushes home in the evenings to try and catch our son before he goes to bed. He tries to bond with our son at night as much as he can though he feels so sleepy and tired from his long day at work. 



5. You work together better (teamwork)



New parents need to rely on each other A LOT! You need the hand to be able to do your obligations. You'd rather have him watch the baby so you can go shopping, than argue about petty things. 




6. There is strength in numbers (Mama + Daddy + Baby)


Daddy, XP and Mama

It's no longer just the 2 of you. You are a unit. You are parents. And baby makes three. It gives you a place in the world, even if it is only your world.












7. You see a new side to your partner
Daddy 'n XP

For me, I find my husband more attractive when he takes care of our baby. Especially when he is holding that beautiful baby of ours. It makes other flaws pale into significance. It makes me love my husband more.


8. You become a better person.

You  are trying to become to best parent you can possibly be for your child.Your patience meter goes to the maximum - both for your spouse and your baby. Your endurance is tested due to the sleepless nights you have to go through. You learn how to become a giver than a taker. You become a completely different person - for the better. 


How about you? How has your baby changed your life? I'd love to hear from you. :)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment